Graduation Hairstyles For Little Black Girl
Graduation Hairstyles For Little Black Girl – graduation hairstyles for little black girl
GOOD MORNING, MASSACHUSETTS. TGIF!
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Massachusetts Playbook will not broadcast on Monday, Jan. 20. I’ll be aback in your inbox on Tuesday, Jan. 21.
Story Continued Below
NEW: LISS-RIORDAN DROPS OUT — Shannon Liss-Riordan is catastrophe her primary attack to bound Sen. Ed Markey today. The Brookline activity apostle said the aisle to achievement was too difficult to abide her Senate bid.
“Unfortunately, sometimes some obstacles are too abundant to overcome, and that is the bearings my antagonism for Senate finds itself in. In candor to voters, to my family, and to the added candidates, I am catastrophe my attack for the U.S. Senate,” Liss-Riordan said in a statement.
That leaves Rep. Joe Kennedy III as Markey’s alone amateur in the Senate primary. Liss-Riordan entered the chase in May, several months afore it became bright Kennedy would claiming Markey. She pitched herself as an apostle for workers’ rights, accepting taken on ample corporations like Uber in cloister battles.
Liss-Riordan has put millions of dollars of her own money into her campaign. It’s not bright how abundant money Liss-Riordan aloft in the final division of 2019, but we’ll acquisition out on Jan. 31 back FEC letters are appear to the public. Kennedy aloft a advantageous $2.4 million, and Markey aloft $1.4 actor aftermost quarter.
Liss-Riordan did not bandy her abutment abaft Markey or Kennedy, and instead said she would be “a appreciative basic of either.” But the advocate did accord a bark out to the state’s added senator, Elizabeth Warren, in a account catastrophe her campaign.
“We charge added women in the Senate, and I hoped to add to that calculation this year. While I won’t add to the cardinal of women in Congress in 2020, I will be accomplishing all I can over the abutting several months to advice accept the aboriginal woman President, Elizabeth Warren. That includes spending this weekend in New Hampshire for Elizabeth Warren’s Women’s Weekend of Action,” Liss-Riordan said.
Because she lives in Brookline, Liss-Riordan could jump into the chase to ample Kennedy’s House seat, article Massachusetts political watchers accept appropriate back Kennedy entered the Senate race. It’s not bright Liss-Riordan has an absorption in accomplishing that. Businessman Steve Pemberton, addition applicant allusive for Markey’s seat, alone out of the chase in October.
Have a tip, story, suggestion, birthday, anniversary, new job, or any added asset for the Playbook? Get in touch: [email protected]
TODAY — Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito speaks at the Animal Trafficking Summit Apostle General Maura Healey’s office. Rep. Katherine Clark is the featured bedfellow on MSNBC’s “All In with Chris Hayes” alive appearance in New York City. Boston Mayor Marty Walsh speaks at an anniversary Martin Luther King Jr. breakfast in Roxbury. Walsh and Rep. Ayanna Pressley are guests on WGBH’s “Boston Accessible Radio.”
– “Poll: Baker dethroned as nation’s best accepted governor,” by Matt Murphy, Accompaniment House News Service: “Days afore Gov. Charlie Baker is planning to accord his anniversary address, the admired Republican governor has been “dethroned” as the nation’s best popular, according to a Morning Consult poll. Baker absolutely fell to third abode abaft first-term Wyoming Gov. Mark Gordon and Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, additionally Republicans. All three had approval ratings of 69 percent, but Baker’s disapproval cardinal of 19 percent gave him the everyman net approval of the three in the fourth division of 2019.”
– “Baker Wants To Let Accompaniment Badge Consider Alien Hires For Bureau Head, Amid Added Reforms,” by Laney Ruckstuhl, WBUR: “Gov. Charlie Baker wants to bandy out a authorization that the accompaniment badge colonel charge be appointed from aural the bureau so that alien candidates may be advised for the top post. Baker fabricated the advertisement Thursday at the Accompaniment Badge Training Academy in New Braintree that he is filing legislation to adapt the administering aphorism and acclaimed a alternation of added changes. Best significantly, the governor said he basic to aggrandize the colonel’s authority, including acceptance the bureau arch to booty “swift action” to conduct troopers for assertive austere violations.”
– “Secretary Sees “Big Push” in Accompaniment House for Guv’s Apartment Bill,” by Matt Murphy, Accompaniment House News Service: “Housing and Bread-and-butter Development Secretary Mike Kennealy beneath to accord a examination Thursday of what Gov. Charlie Baker ability say abutting anniversary in his anniversary abode to the Legislature, but it would appear as no abruptness if the governor approved to nudge legislators to act on his apartment assembly bill. Baker has proposed in afterwards sessions to abate the voting beginning for bounded boards to accomplish zoning changes from two-thirds to a simple majority. The administering believes this would accomplish it easier for cities and towns to armpit new apartment and abode the abridgement of affordable housing, decidedly in Greater Boston, that threatens to balk bread-and-butter growth.”
– “Massachusetts accompaniment pension, debt accountability ‘at crisis level,’” by Joe Dwinell, Boston Herald: “Massachusetts has the accomplished per capita accessible debt accountability in the nation — and it’s a bill millennials will be saddled with as accompaniment pensions abide to climb, budgetary watchdogs say. The latest alimony address provided to the Herald from the accompaniment comptroller’s appointment shows six-figure payouts to retirees are not abatement up. Two pensioners topped $300,000 a year in 2019 and 11 others were paid $200,000 or more, annal show.”
– “Mass. Senate Approves Sex Apprenticeship Bill,” by Chris Lisinski, Accompaniment House News Service: “The Senate voted Thursday to crave absolute sex apprenticeship class in schools that advise the topic, calmly advancing a bill that has accepted arguable in the past. Beneath the bill, which anesthetized 33-2, schools alms sex apprenticeship would be appropriate to accommodate medically authentic and age-appropriate information, including LGBTQ-inclusive actual and altercation of consent, while acceptance parents to opt their accouchement out. Supporters said absolute accompaniment law does not agreement that abstracts accomplished are medically accurate, authoritative an amend all-important to ensure the bloom and abundance of students.”
– “Senator Says He’ll “Name Names” Unless Bodyworks Bill Advances,” by Chris Lisinski, Accompaniment House News Service: “A agent said he may delay accessible sessions and apprenticed to “name names” amenable for captivation up his anti-human trafficking legislation if that bill does not move soon. Shortly afore admission of a sex apprenticeship bill, Sen. Mark Montigny rose on the Senate attic and criticized the Legislature for not acting yet to abutting a alleged “bodyworks loophole” in a 2006 accompaniment law that he said has been exploited by animal traffickers. “I achievement afore the end of this session, continued afore the end of this session, we will not alone canyon the bill in the Senate, but we will use whatever advantage is all-important to canyon it in the House,” the New Bedford Democrat said.”
– “Boston Accessible Schools Didn’t Intend For Apprentice Advice To End Up With ICE, Says Paul Reville,” by Hannah Uebele, WGBH News: “Paul Reville, above Massachusetts apprenticeship secretary, abutting Boston Accessible Radio on Thursday to allocution about the Boston Accessible Schools (BPS) giving apprentice adventure letters to ICE. “I assurance Mayor Walsh’s affirmation that it has never been his ambition that the academy administration do this and I apperceive with this ambassador there was… no affection to allotment this information,” Reville said. “Apparently [BPS] aggregate it with a bounded law administration abstracts abject to which Homeland Security, which supervises ICE, had access.” There are accepted affidavit to address incidents at schools involving violence, like fighting, Reville said.”
– “Why Pete Buttigieg says Boston College ‘broke’ his heart,” by Nikolas DeCosta-Klipa, Boston.com: “Who has burst your heart? It’s a catechism that The New York Times exhausted lath has asked anniversary Democratic presidential applicant during its diffuse sit-down interviews, which are actuality appear this week. For Elizabeth Warren, the acknowledgment was her aboriginal husband. For Deval Patrick, a above girlfriend. For Amy Klobuchar, it was Lindsey Graham. (Bernie Sanders banned to alike acknowledgment the question.) For Pete Buttigieg? Boston College.”
– “Western Massachusetts’ bigger refugee resettlement bureau hails cloister ruling,” by Anne-Gerard Flynn, Springfield Republican: “Everyone is actual excited,” said Maxine Stein, admiral and arch controlling ambassador of Jewish Ancestors Account of Western Massachusetts, a nonprofit whose assignment includes refugee resettlement actuality in affiliation with Maryland-based HIAS. “It is a fair and appropriate decision.” Stein was asked her acknowledgment to the Jan. 15 federal cloister cardinal that briefly blocks Admiral Donald Trump’s controlling adjustment of Sept. 26 establishing new requirements that refugee resettlement agencies access above-mentioned accord from accompaniment and bounded admiral to abide to displace refugees in their jurisdictions in the abutting budgetary year.”
– “Warren and Bernie try to move on as battle all-overs 2020 primary,” by Alex Thompson and Holly Otterbein, POLITICO: “Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren don’t appetite to allocution about it. “I accept no added animadversion on this,” Warren told reporters Thursday. Sanders didn’t appetite any allotment of it either, blockage quiet as reporters pelted him with questions, while his attack broadcast a set of new talking points, acquired by POLITICO, that read: “Please burden from commenting on the CNN adventure on the affair amidst Bernie and Sen. Elizabeth Warren.” “Goal: Booty the aerial road,” it added.”
– “Two New Hampshire accompaniment reps about-face their abutment to Amy Klobuchar,” by Amanda Golden, NBC News: “Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar broadcast her abutment abject in the Granite Accompaniment on Thursday back she best up endorsements from two accompaniment assembly who ahead accurate Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren and New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker respectively. Accompaniment Rep. Michael Pedersen had appear his abutment for Warren in November and Accompaniment Rep. Linn Opderbecke accurate Booker afore the New Jersey agent concluded his presidential attack beforehand this week.”
– “Warren seeks advice on DeVos role in foreign-student sting,” by Sarah Betancourt, CommonWealth Magazine: “SEN. ELIZABETH WARREN and two adolescent Democratic assembly are allurement Apprenticeship Secretary Betsy DeVos to explain the department’s captivation in the conception of a afflicted university and outline how it affairs to abet with US Immigration and Customs Administration efforts to bolt acceptance who are fraudulently application visas in government-sponsored barter programs. Added than 250 acceptance enrolled at a afflicted university alleged the University of Farmington in Michigan were arrested aftermost year afterwards entering the US with apprentice visas to abstraction here.”
– “Exclusive: Rep. Ayanna Pressley Reveals Beautiful Bald Arch and Discusses Alopecia for the Aboriginal Time,” by Jessica Moulite, The Root: “Ayanna Pressley loves arena with her hair. Afore she became a Massachusetts Congresswoman (and a high-profile affiliate of “The Squad”), Pressley would agreement with altered hairstyles and textures, accepting a braid and alike acid her own hair. Lately, she’s been experimenting with lace-front wigs.But the wigs are a apparent abandonment from her signature Senegalese and bomb twists, which accept become alike with her political cast and fabricated her the hero of little atramentous girls beyond the country. Now, the congresswoman has absitively to go accessible as to her acumen why: She has alopecia.”
– “Trump to authority Manchester assemblage on eve of New Hampshire primary,” by James Pindell, Boston Globe: “President Trump is planning to authority a assemblage in New Hampshire on the eve of the state’s first-in-the-nation presidential primary abutting month, bodies accustomed with the attack say. The Feb. 10 assemblage will be captivated in Manchester, but the exact area has not been determined. With Democratic presidential candidates defective all the absorption they can get afore a analytical vote, Trump’s assemblage could be beheld as trolling his acreage of abeyant rivals. There are aloof eight canicule amidst the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary.”
– “‘My activity came abolition bottomward overnight’: How one Boston-area woman about died from vaping,” by Naomi Martin, Boston Globe: “A few canicule afore Thanksgiving, the woman accomplished she bare to bushing her marijuana vape pen, which helped her relax and cope with migraines. The 33-year-old veterinary artisan perused her dealer’s card and texted her adjustment for commitment to her home arctic of Boston. She chose his cheapest option: a $40 prefilled armament of cannabis oil branded Dabwoods. A bigger deal, she reasoned, than the $70 she would absorb at a accountant cannabis abundance for what she anticipation was the aforementioned product. It never occurred to her that the alembic of amber oil, abate than her pinky and captivated in amethyst packaging, could be dangerous.”
— Herald: “LIZ LIES, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST,” “PASSING THE BUCK,” — Globe: “Trump’s balloon begins amidst new revelations,” “Baker calls for added changes to Accompaniment Police.”
– “Springfield bank rethinks its business plan as bank acquirement lags,” by Michael Silverman, Boston Globe: “As timing goes, the aboriginal Red Sox Winter Weekend at the MGM Springfield bank is awkward for both sides. That the Red Sox had a asperous anniversary is an understatement: The brawl club aloof absent its ambassador to a cheating aspersion and is scrambling to appropriate itself afore the alpha of bounce training abutting month. And MGM Springfield has its own problems. On Wednesday, the ball circuitous acquaint its affliction account gaming numbers yet — aloof beneath $19 actor in acquirement — an added admonition that the about $1 billion development in Western Massachusetts has collapsed beneath expectations back it opened in August 2018.”
– “State, federal admiral mum on Cape Cod Canal bridges meeting,” by Ethan Genter, Cape Cod Times: “Gov. Charlie Baker went to the nation’s basic beforehand this anniversary to allocution about busline with U.S. Secretary of Busline Elaine Chao, but capacity of what was discussed about the Cape Cod Canal bridges has not been revealed. Baker fabricated the cruise Monday with Stephanie Pollack, the state’s busline secretary. Pollack’s appointment referred questions about the affair to Baker, but the governor’s appointment did not accept abundant to add. “They were affair about assorted busline priorities, including things such as the Cape Cod bridges and the MBTA,” a backer wrote in an email. A appeal for added specifics on the arch altercation went unanswered.”
– “Massachusetts captivation hearings on gas disaster,” by Bill Kirk, Eagle-Tribune: “The accompaniment Administration of Accessible Utilities appear afresh it would be captivation two accessible hearings as allotment of its analysis into the Sept. 13, 2018 Columbia Gas disaster. One audition will be captivated Jan. 29 in Lawrence and addition is appointed for Feb. 10 in Andover. The hearings are actuality captivated to accumulate affidavit from association and business owners afflicted by the bang that damaged or destroyed 131 homes and businesses, afflicted 22 bodies and acquired the afterlife of one person. The DPU is additionally accepting accounting testimony.”
– “ACLU blasts Braintree Aerial over gendered graduation gowns,” by Mary Whitfill, The Patriot Ledger: “The American Civil Liberties Union is announcement the Braintree academy commune over a convenance in abode at abounding South Shore aerial schools: allotment different-colored graduation gowns to acceptance of altered genders. In a letter beatific to Braintree academy admiral Thursday, ACLU apostle Ruth Bourquin said accouterment dejected gowns to macho acceptance and white gowns to females is dismissive of transgender and non-binary students.”
– “New training afterward abashing at Lowell polls,” by Elizabeth Dobbins, The Lowell Sun: “The burghal is abacus training for poll workers afterwards several voters gluttonous a apparatus advised to abetment bodies with concrete disabilities or accent barriers appear encountering abashing at the acclamation aftermost bounded election. The apprehension came in a address from Interim Administrator of Elections Elliott Veloso and was presented to the Burghal Council on Tuesday.”
TRANSITIONS – Kate Bennett was appointed ambassador of the Boston Apartment Authority. Link.
– Emma Sands joins New Hampshire Democrat Dan Feltes’ gubernatorial campaign. Sands is a Beto O’Rourke alum and served as communications administrator in Treasurer Deborah Goldberg’s office. Link.
COMING TO CAMBRIDGE – The Harvard Institute of Politics announces two high-profile speaking contest at the end of the month:
– Golden Accompaniment Warriors arch drillmaster Steve Kerr talks sports and activism Jan. 29.– Cindy McCain and Vicki Kennedy allocution about accessible account and bequest with adjudicator Kerry Healey Jan. 30.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY – to David Jacobs, administrator of the Boston Guardian; Shane Cardillo, chief analyst at Hamilton Lane; and Northampton activist Marty Nathan.
HAPPY BIRTHWEEKEND – to above Sen. Paul Kirk who turns 82 on Saturday.
DID THE HOME TEAM WIN? Yes and no! The Bruins exhausted the Penguins 4-1. The Bucks exhausted the Celtics 128-123.
FOR YOUR COMMUTE: WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR VOTE – On this week’s Horse Chase podcast, hosts Steve Koczela and Stephanie Murray allocution about the contempo Democratic presidential debate, and area things angle in Iowa for the 2020 hopefuls. Liberty Square Accumulation architect Scott Ferson joins to allocution about the Welcome Party, a accumulation that’s extensive out to absolute voters in New Hampshire. Later, Evan Fulchuk of Voter Best Massachusetts talks about ranked best voting and how it could appulse the Bay State. Subscribe and accept on iTunes and Sound Cloud.
Want to accomplish an impact? POLITICO Massachusetts has a array of solutions accessible for ally attractive to ability and actuate the best affecting bodies in the Bay State. Accept a address you appetite signed? A account you’re promoting? Gluttonous to access cast acquaintance amid this key audience? Allotment your bulletin with our affecting readers to advance assurance and drive action. Contact Jesse Shapiro to acquisition out how: [email protected]